Located on Matteson Street north of the 4-Corners stoplight, the Historic Marker reads:
The Bronson Library originated in the early 1880’s as the Ladies Library Association. In 1888 the township assumed ownership. Built with funds donated by steel tycoon Andrew Carnegie, the Classical Revival Bronson Public Library opened on May 23, 1912. This structure typifies Carnegie libraries. Between 1889 and 1923. Carnegie generated community support for free public libraries across the country with his generous donations.
HISTORIAN NOTES (Dave McDonald):
As the Historic Marker identifies, the Carnegie Foundation sponsored the building of library buildings across the county. They also carefully monitored, and approved, each design for appearance and functionality. Today, it is very easy while traveling through small cities and villages that participated in the program to easily identify the Carnegie approved structures. All city, village, and incorporation area libraries are part of the Branch District Library system.